Innovation in Manufacturers and Production Units in Life Sciences & Nutrition (IMPULS) was a project funded by the Interreg France-Channel-England (FCE) Programme which can help small businesses from South East England and Northern France to get into international markets. It ended in early 2023.
The aim and objective of the project was to help life science and nutrition companies on both sides of the Channel to collaborate, innovate and access international business opportunities.
The project provided a range of activities for businesses on both sides of the Channel including:
- A series of virtual information webinars on topics including ‘Maximising the use of digital technologies for internationalisation’, ‘Export readiness in a post-Brexit & Covid-19 era’, ‘Innovating to respond to the new normal in the healthcare sector in French, Britain and internationally, ‘Internationalisation in an uncertain climate’. A series of virtual training webinars on topics such as ‘Preparing for virtual trade fairs’, ‘Pitching your business online’ etc.
- Creation of virtual promotional materials to showcase French and English companies internationally.
- B2B pitch & match sessions to connect companies across the Channel.
- Virtual access to international Life Science trade shows and industry events for companies which could include Medica, Arab Health, NutrEvent, MedFit, SEHTA’s International MedTech Expo & Conference and BioFit.
IMPULS PROJECT MAP
We are inviting all companies that have been involved in the project to be added to our legacy map. If you would like to be listed on the map please email email@example.com
IMPULS PROJECT EVALUATION
SMEs highlighted that the main benefits in taking part in IMPULS events were:
- Establishing international connection with relevant service providers/ collaborators/ contacts/ experts
- Gaining new leads
- Exposure to international network and markets
- Network with old and new collaborators
- Gaining new knowledge
- International exposure and social media exposure
- Development of new projects
FACILITATION OF CONTACT THROUGH PARTNERING ORGANISATIONS
After the end of project, partners will continue to stay in contact and explore possibilities of finding additional funding or developing projects that would allow organisation of activities that require funding and that would help companies with the internationalisation.
Furthermore, partners will continue to have an exchange regarding relevant events that each partner would organise in the future, where participation of companies from other regions would be eligible. Companies participated in IMPULS project will be encouraged to reach out to other partnering organisations (either directly or through other partners) if they wish to establishing connections and develop partnerships with companies from that region.
IMPULS will receive a €400,000 European Regional Development Fund grant from the Interreg FCE programme over its lifetime (April 2021 to March 2023).
Your contact : Adeline Jacob, European projects manager : adeline[at]biotech-sante-bretagne.fr